Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tabbouleh Tuesday

My Tesco or Sainsbury's online shop usually costs me about 30 pounds a week, aiming for this to cover nearly everything. It usually does.
Today, all from things in this order, and pomegranates from a Middle-Eastern stall in Stepney Green (much cheaper, you see), I made a tasty sort of tabbouleh-thing with pomegranate and feta:

bulghur wheat, cooked, cooled and drained
pomegranate, seeds bashed out
feta
herbs - parsley, coriander, basil, all or any
1/2 a red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh spinach
lemon juice and olive oil

I just mixed everything together, crumbling in the feta and then making a dressing with the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and olive oil. It was great; really lively, pretty and felt healthy and virtous in the best possible way.
The leftovers (always useful) will be for dinner with some leftover lamb which I will sear and slice, adding any juices to the whole mishmash.

No comments: